Why People Are Not Your Most Important Assets
People are not your most important assets.
Right people are.
Recruiting the right people is how you create a high performance culture and company.
Right people are those who exhibit the desired behaviours regardless of controls and incentives.
Right people fit your company because it’s a natural extension of their character and attitude.
Right people help you avoid the cost of mediocrity.
- are not high maintenance
- don’t require remedial training
- take less time and energy to manage
- learn fast, which enhances productivity
- commit fewer errors
- produce more for every dollar of salary paid to them
- best of all, right people help eject the ones that aren’t right
You don’t train right people, you hire them.
Before you hire them, you must find them.
That means you must search for them.
This is why executive search firms exist: to help companies find right people.