|1. Australia is the 14th largest consumer market on earth. We buy stuff!
2. We sell stuff too! Australia is 12th largest economy in world, 5th highest per capita income.
3. The IMF downgraded Australian growth from 3.3% to 2.8% and it’s still higher than the US.
4. Rated happiest country in the world. Happiness = productive workforce.
5. Aussie passport ranked #1 as the best in the world for travellers. The world loves us.
6. Australians are the richest people in the world (measured by median wealth) yet still has the best distribution of wealth among developed nations.
7. Australia will gain a disproportionate share of Asia’s next economic boom because of its strength in five super-growth sectors worth an extra $250 billion to the national economy over the next 20 years.
8. Australia has the richest middle class in the world (US is 27th) and they spend.
9. Australia and the US share similar legal, accounting and governance traditions. Doing business in Australia is easy and transparent. No hidden risks.
10. Australia is the only developed country to have 22 years of continuous economic growth (and new Prime Minister, Tony Abbot plans to keep that streak going). Good news for business!
11. Great place to do business: Australia is top 10 in the world for life expectancy, quality of life, economic freedom, ease of doing business, world competitiveness, education, anti-corruption, soundness of banks, commitment to human development, democracy index, prosperity index, starting a business, ease of doing business, and ease of credit.So what are you waiting for?