How many perceived competencies (as rated by peers, subordinates and bosses) must you possess in order to be judged a good leader?
Terry Reynolds of RogenSi enlightened us today at an Amcham presentation on How to Create Extraordinary Leaders with these results from RogenSi’s international study.
How many competencies do you possess?
Compare yourself to the findings of the international survey results which found the following: Leaders possessing:
- 0 competence– 34% of leaders fit this description (a veritable damning)
- 1 competency– Congratulations! You’re now in the 64th percentile of all leaders surveyed internationally.
- 2 competencies– Good work! You’re now in the 71st percentile
- 3 competencies– Well above average. You’re now in the 81st percentile. Note: possessing 3 competencies is not rare or unusual.
- 4 competencies– High achiever! You’re now in the 89th percentile of leaders.
- 5 competencies– True excellence! You’re breathing the rarefied air of an extraordinary leader and also in the 91st percentile.